- Exports dip 9% in Nov; trade deficit narrows
India's exports fell 9 per cent to $23.43 billion in November due to a drop in shipments of segments such as petroleum products, engineering and chemicals, even as the trade deficit narrowed to $9.96…
- 8 hours ago 2 Dec 20, 5:06pm -
- Vodafone Idea hikes tariff as it struggles to pay dues
The latest move, even if it is symbolic, is the first rate hike after the one announced end of 2019.
- 10 hours ago 2 Dec 20, 3:24pm -
- China begins import of Indian rice after two years
China has started importing Indian rice after a gap of two years and placed orders for the shipment of about 5,000 tonnes of non-basmati rice due to competitive prices offered by India compared to oth…
- 12 hours ago 2 Dec 20, 1:21pm -
- Sensex dips 37 pts; Nifty edges higher
Kotak Bank was top loser among Sensex stocks, dropping by 3.28 per cent. HDFC Bank declined by 1.86 per cent, HDFC by 1.28 per cent and ICICI Bank by 0.99 per cent. SBI fell 0.5 per cent while Bajaj…
- 13 hours ago 2 Dec 20, 11:58am -
- GDP to enter positive territory in Q4: Niti VC
The Indian economy is coming out of the pandemic-induced degrowth and GDP growth will enter the positive territory in the fourth quarter of this fiscal, Niti Aayog Vice-Chairman Rajiv Kumar said on We…
- 15 hours ago 2 Dec 20, 10:29am -
- Govt has received 3 bids for BPCL: Oil minister
The government has received three preliminary bids for buying of controlling stake in India's second-largest fuel retailer Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL), Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said…
- 15 hours ago 2 Dec 20, 10:03am -
- Infosys, Rolls-Royce ink aerospace engineering deal
Indian IT services firm Infosys and Rolls-Royce, an aerospace and defence technology major, on Wednesday announced signing a strategic partnership for sourcing engineering and R and D Services for the…
- 16 hours ago 2 Dec 20, 9:15am -
- Exxon Mobil in talks to buy Indian oil, gas fields pie
Energy supermajor Exxon Mobil Corp is in talks to buy a stake in producing oil and gas fields in India, Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said on Wednesday showcasing efforts to raise domestic output to…
- 17 hours ago 2 Dec 20, 8:41am -
- Truckers ensure there's no shortage of potato, onion
During this time of the year, potatoes and vegetables come from Punjab and Haryana.
- 17 hours ago 2 Dec 20, 8:23am -
- 'Growth forecasts have to be taken with pinch of salt'
'The question is, how soon we can expect to re-attain the pre-lockdown levels of output and income.'
- 19 hours ago 2 Dec 20, 6:20am -
- 'Good chance of substantial recovery in the next year'
'I am sceptical of the Indian economy returning to a sustained high-growth trajectory any time soon'
- 19 hours ago 2 Dec 20, 6:16am -
- The visionary who made Indian IT industry global
One should appreciate the sagacity and audacity of JRD and Nani Palkhivala in founding TCS on April 1, 1968. At that time there was no Microsoft or Intel, SAP or Accenture, much less Google.<br>They n…
- 19 hours ago 2 Dec 20, 5:50am -
- Corporate-run banks: Will depositors benefit?
The most common complaint of financial consumers is cumbersome processes, complicated products, usurious charges, and mis-selling of products, which finally don't deliver what is promised or as expect…
- 22 hours ago 2 Dec 20, 3:41am -
- What does merger with LVB mean for DBS Bank chief?
While Gupta, 60, can rightfully bask in the glory he has achieved for his bank in the subcontinent, his peers in foreign banks will have to revisit their India play, especially the local incorporation…
- 22 hours ago 2 Dec 20, 3:30am -
- Deepak Kochhar refused bail in money laundering case
A Mumbai court on Tuesday rejected a bail plea of businessman Deepak Kochhar, husband of former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar and an accused in a money laundering case. He was arrested by the Enforce…
- 1 day ago 1 Dec 20, 6:26pm -