- Flipkart records highest-ever single day sale, grosses $200mn
This is the biggest ever single day sale for Bangalore-based Flipkart, since the time the company started in 2007.
- 5 Oct 16, 9:29am -
- Subramanian Swamy seeks ban on import of cement from Pakistan
"Allowing imports of cement from Pakistan, therefore, carried with it the additional risk in that it provides an effective cover for smuggling of contraband goods and harmful weapons and ammunition c…
- 5 Oct 16, 9:20am -
- Moneycontrol Exclusive: Govt plans overhaul of tax administration for smooth GST rollout
The government has readied plans for a major change in Indiaâ€™s tax administration structure, including overhauling the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) to ensure a glitch-free roll-o…
- 5 Oct 16, 9:12am -
- Sensex, Nifty wobbly; Hind Zinc, SBI, Force Motors most active
Asian Paints, SBI, Tata Motors, HUL and Maruti Suzuki are top gainers while ONGC, Axis Bank, MM, Bajaj Auto and Hero MotoCorp are major losers in the Sensex.
- 5 Oct 16, 8:30am -
- Uber redBus partner with ixigo for train travellers
ixigo, Indiaâ€™s leading mobile travel marketplace has announced partnerships with Uber and redBus to enable instant bookings for cabs and buses natively within ixigo trains app.
- 5 Oct 16, 8:30am -
- Workload in IT to come down due to AI; jobs to reduce: Genpact
But along with that the employment growth rates have started to dip, NV 'Tiger' Tyagarajan says. The percentage addition of employees in India will not be same as past. And due to advancements, a wor…
- 5 Oct 16, 8:09am -
- Pixel launch: Is Google Assistant's AI an assault on privacy?
Sure, artificial intelligence can make life simpler by suggesting you places to eat, tell you weather, or even crack a joke. The more you use it, the more it learns about your habits and preferences…
- 5 Oct 16, 7:23am -
- Up over 200% in 1 year, what's buzzing with Borosil Glass?
Shares of Borosil Glass Works have increased threefold over the past one year as the company has posted strong revenue and EBIDTA growth over the past few quarters.
- 5 Oct 16, 6:58am -
- Why you should not be always chasing returns
Most people focus on returns and chase products that offer the best returns at any point.
- 5 Oct 16, 6:57am -
- Jhunjhunwala-partnered fund buys stake in TFCI: What's buzzing?
In an interview with CNBC-TV18, Satpal Arora, MD of Tourism Finance Corporation of India (TFCI), talked about the state of business and the outlook ahead.
- 5 Oct 16, 6:32am -
- RBI latest meeting 'diluted' its old policy framework: Nomura
On Tuesday, the central bank surprised the market with a 25-basis-point cut to its policy repo rate, or the rate at which it lends to banks, to 6.25 percent.
- 5 Oct 16, 6:24am -
- Bond bull market may pause but is far from over: Expert
The benchmark 10-year government-security yield remained stuck in 8-7.5 percent range through all of 2015 and half of 2016, moving lower to sub-7 percent only when the RBI promised in April to reduce…
- 5 Oct 16, 5:24am -
- Scope for meaningful rate cuts going ahead: Neelkanth Mishra
Credit Suisse' Neelkanth Mishra expects repo rate to fall to a decade low in the coming quarters. He says that beginning December the market may see a robust and widespread pick-up which may boost in…
- 5 Oct 16, 5:03am -
- Tech up to a healthier world
Sensors, 3D printed skin, wearables, reconstructed organs, revolutionized clinical trials, personalized medicine and what not â€“ get ready for a new era of healthcare
- 5 Oct 16, 4:37am -
- Steel stocks rally as govt extends MIP on 66 steel products
Stocks like Hindustan Zinc, Hindalco, Jindal Steel, JSW Steel and Tata Steel gained over 1 percent from previous close.
- 5 Oct 16, 4:30am -