- Rs 1 trillion relief for corporate bonds, courtesy RBI
The RBI on Friday said it will give banks Rs 1 trillion through targeted long-term repo operations (TLTROs), of up to three-year maturity, to deploy in "investment-grade corporate bonds, commercial pa…
- 20 hours ago 28 Mar 20, 5:41am -
- Tata Motors to separate passenger car business
The business will also see a change of guard. Shailesh Chandra, president of EV and corporate strategy, will replace Mayank Pareek as president of PV business, including EV, with effect from April 1.…
- 20 hours ago 28 Mar 20, 5:24am -
- IMF makes it official: World has entered recession
The world is in the face of a devastating impact due to the coronavirus pandemic and has clearly entered a recession, the International Monetary Fund said on Friday, but projected a recovery next year…
- 21 hours ago 28 Mar 20, 4:44am -
- RBI loan moratorium: 'Which bank will refuse?'
How will the RBI announcement on loan moratorium work for those with home loans, auto loans, personal loans, consumer durables loan? Here's what experts have to say.
- 2 days ago 27 Mar 20, 1:02pm -
- 'RBI need to cut by 100 bps in one shot'
'Rate cut should reiterate RBI's commitment in providing confidence to consumers and small business.'
- 2 days ago 27 Mar 20, 12:09pm -
- Fiscal stimulus is not the need of the hour
What might be useful is targeted assistance to those sectors and individuals that are disproportionately affected, suggests Mihir S Sharma.
- 2 days ago 27 Mar 20, 11:46am -
- Sensex ends 131 points lower on recession fears
Bajaj Finance was the biggest loser in the Sensex pack, tanking up to 8 per cent, followed by Hero MotoCorp, IndusInd Bank, Maruti and HCL Tech. Axis Bank, ITC, NTPC and M and M were among the top ga…
- 2 days ago 27 Mar 20, 10:59am -
- GDP likely to fall to 30-year low, fear analysts
In the manufacturing sector, output is expected to decline by about 70 per cent as only food-processing, and drugs and pharma industries are allowed to operate while other segments, such as engineerin…
- 2 days ago 27 Mar 20, 10:26am -
- Highlights of RBI's monetary policy announcements
These are the highlights of the seventh bi-monthly monetary policy statement for 2019-20 by the RBI amid COVID-19 pandemic:
- 2 days ago 27 Mar 20, 10:03am -
- 2020 growth projection of 5% 'now at risk': RBI
The RBI on Friday said the impact of coronavirus outbreak on the economy will depend on the intensity, spread and duration of the deadly virus even as the central bank refrained from projecting any nu…
- 2 days ago 27 Mar 20, 9:54am -
- RBI stays EMIs for 3 months, cuts interest rate, CRR
Financial markets are under stress and require steps by the central bank for market stability and revival of economic growth, he said while announcing the decisions taken by the Monetary Policy Commit…
- 2 days ago 27 Mar 20, 9:30am -
- Customs allows e-clearance for moving laptops
The Customs clearance required for moving equipment like laptops, desktops, etc out of SEZ units was delaying things as the clearance had to be taken in person after a first level of approval online.
- 2 days ago 27 Mar 20, 9:09am -
- Cognizant to pay India staff 25% extra salary in April
IT firm Cognizant on Friday said it will give employees who are at associate level and below in India and the Philippines, an additional payment of 25 per cent of base pay for April in recognition of…
- 2 days ago 27 Mar 20, 8:25am -
- Moody's slashes India's 2020 GDP growth to 2.5%
Moody's Investors Service on Friday slashed its estimate of India's GDP growth during the 2020 calendar year to 2.5 per cent from an earlier estimate of 5.3 per cent, on account of the rising economic…
- 2 days ago 27 Mar 20, 8:09am -
- E-grocers resume work as states step in
However, many of these firms were facing an uphill task of convincing the people on the ground to return to work, as many are apprehensive of their safety.
- 2 days ago 27 Mar 20, 8:05am -